(Source: mademoisellearielle, via fieldsofpheasants)
(Emily Boyer Photography)
The Drawing Room at Thurloe Lodge, Mark Birley’s London home for 30 years.
Last night yet again I faced some troubles sleeping but fortunately I had my sketchbook on my night table (for once).
Crumbling and abandoned, the last remnants of Russia’s wooden churches lay dotted in the woodlands of the country’s north-western corner. In Richard Davies’ book ‘Wooden Churches - Travelling in the Russian North’, it says that the churches are the few remains of thousands that were built all over Russia from the time of Prince Vladimir, who, on his conversion to Christianity in 988 ‘ordained that wooden churches should be built and established where pagan idols had previously stood.’
(Source: shinimasu, via sensoji)
things to remember while drawing:
- anatomy is great but dont stop because you cant get it perfect
- not every picture has to be a masterpiece
- try new things but remember its ok to draw things you like to draw
- just because someone younger than you is “better” than you are does not mean you are untalented
- everyone sees things differently
- be proud of what you can do because nobody can do things the same way you can
(Source: flickr.com, via naylemonstre)